ADM to Highlight its Wide Range of Food Ingredients at IFT 2012
DECATUR, Ill., June 7, 2012—From foods and drinks that provide extra protein and vegetable servings to decadent chocolate desserts, Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) plans to feature a wide range of its high-quality ingredients at the 2012 Institute of Food Technologists (IFT) Food Expo in Las Vegas.
The IFT Annual Meeting and Food Expo, the largest annual food science forum and exposition in the world, will be held at the Las Vegas Convention Center in Las Vegas from June 26-28.
“ADM’s high-quality ingredients are in many of the products consumers enjoy every day, from bakery and meat products to salad oils, yogurt and chocolate,” said Dr. Russ Egbert, director of protein research for ADM. “From healthy indulgences to innovative products that include hidden nutritional value, the products we are highlighting at IFT are just a few examples of the many ways our research and development experts can help our partners in the food industry create foods and beverages that meet the evolving preferences of their consumers.”
ADM also plans to unveil the newest product in its CLARISOY™ line, the world’s first vegetable-based protein that offers clarity and high-quality protein nutrition. CLARISOY 150 is a revolutionary soy protein for use in low pH beverages with cloud systems and neutral pH beverages. CLARISOY 100, introduced at last year’s IFT Expo, is a 100 percent-soluble isolated soy protein for beverage applications with a pH below 4.0.
ADM will be located at booth number 2020 and will be serving samples that demonstrate how the company’s wide range of ingredients can be used in foods and beverages that consumers enjoy every day:
- Fruit & Veggie Jive beverage with CLARISOY™ 100 isolated soy protein—Great tasting and good for you too, this beverage includes one serving of fruit and one serving of vegetables as well as 7 grams of protein.
- Chocolaty peanut spread with 100% whole-wheat graham crackers—This wholesome snack features a cracker made with ADM’s white whole-wheat graham flour, soybean oil and Prolite® wheat protein isolate. It’s topped with a sweet spread that includes cocoa, crystalline fructose, interesterified oleic soybean oil, high oleic soybean oil blend and lecithin.
- Cranberry crisp nutrition bar—This healthful and tasty bar includes a combination of ADM ingredients, including sorghum crisps, edible bean crisps, soy protein crisps, lecithin, isoflavones, phytosterols, Fibersol® LQ, natural vitamin E and corn syrup.
- Chocolate ice cream bar—Chocolate ice cream made with deZaan™ cocoa powders and then covered in a chocolate coating that features Ambrosia® cocoa liquor and cocoa butter makes this dessert a sweet ending to any meal.
- Eat Your Vegetables™ chips—Produced by Snikkidy, Inc., these crispy chips feature a surprising ADM ingredient—navy beans—and include half a serving of vegetables per half ounce bag.
For more information about ADM’s booth at IFT, visit www.adm.com/ift.
For more than a century, the people of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) have transformed crops into products that serve vital needs. Today, 30,000 ADM employees around the globe convert oilseeds, corn, wheat and cocoa into products for food, animal feed, industrial and energy uses. With more than 265 processing plants, 400 crop procurement facilities, and the world’s premier crop transportation network, ADM helps connect the harvest to the home in more than 160 countries. For more information about ADM and its products, visit www.adm.com.
Archer Daniels Midland Company