With our partner St. James Stevedoring, we provide dry bulk stevedoring, lift operations and stevedoring labor services. With six midstream buoy ship mooring locations along the Gulf Coast, we overlay the primary grain loading area for the United States — putting our customers and their cargo at the center of ocean and inland waterway transportation services.
Midstream stevedoring provides the most efficient transfer of bulk cargo between ocean vessel and river barge. This direct transloading of cargo provides 5 key benefits:
- Number of cranes can be increased or decreased to maximize available facility capacity.
- Minimizes cargo loss through a single “touch” of the product and sealed buckets.
- Greatly reduces or eliminates the possibility of contamination.
- Takes advantage of the inland waterway flexibility.
- Provides the lowest cost transfers available to shippers.
Managing global supply chains while working to minimize costs is a complex, constantly changing process. We understand these challenges and tailor our stevedoring services to integrate seamlessly into your supply chain and make it as efficient and effective as possible.
ADM Logistics Stevedoring