Use Fibersol®-2 digestion resistant maltodextrin to formulate with an increased level of fiber in your baking and snack products and consumers will start looking at fiber in a whole new way!
Fibersol-2’s low viscosity, minimal water absorption and no inherent flavor allows you to invisibly top off the fiber level of your baking and snack products without affecting your formula and taste the way traditional fibers would. Fibersol-2 is the fiber you want to increase the fiber content of your good-for-you baking and snack products while making sure that they are still, well, just plain good!…it’s the fiber you want
Compatible with All Bakery Products
- Minimum formulation & process adjustment
- Increase total soluble fiber
- Heat stable
- No added flavor, taste
- Color Neutral
- Adds no viscosity
No Added Sugar and Sugar Free Foods
- 2.8g of Fibersol-2 (2.5g fiber) / serving “Good source of fiber”
- 5.6g of Fibersol-2 (5.0g fiber) / serving “Excellent source of fiber”
Fibersol-2 has been shown to have the following beneficial effects:
- Fibersol®-2 contains very few simple sugars for your consideration of a “no sugar added” or “sugar free” claim (21CFR101.60) and can be used up to 10 grams (dry basis) in any food application while only providing 0.20 grams of sugars (typical value).
- Reduce bitter notes in whole wheat products (masking effect).
- Reduce undesirable flavors of vitamins.
- Reduce the strong and bitter tastes from emulsifiers.
- Add moisture and softness (moisture retention)
*Additional qualifications apply
- White pan bread
- Dinner roll
- Hard roll
- Hamburger/Hot dog bun
- Sponge cake
- Pound cake
- Energy/cereal bar
- Whole wheat products