ADM Cares is a social-investment program that directs funds to initiatives and organizations that drive meaningful social, economic and environmental progress worldwide. The program has three distinct areas of focus: supporting the responsible development of agriculture, improving the quality of life in ADM communities and fostering employee giving and volunteer activities.
By collaborating with regional and national nonprofit organizations, ADM Cares helps address important issues that impact your community. Just a few of the organizations and events we are actively involved with include:
- Farm Safety 4 Just Kids - ADM's sponsorship of Farm Safety 4 Just Kids helps enable the organization to undertake the important task of educating families about how to keep children safe on and around the farm.
- FFA - FFA makes a positive difference in the lives of students by developing their potential for premier leadership, personal growth and career success through agricultural education. This year ADM will award $80,000 in scholarships that support FFA members enrolling in a two- or four-year college or university.
- Living Lands and Waters - Living Lands and Waters is a nonprofit organization that aids in the protection, preservation and restoration of the nation’s major rivers and their watersheds. Since our collaboration began, ADM’s U.S. colleagues have devoted thousands of volunteer hours to removing debris from major rivers. And in the 2011 calendar year, ADM will provide funding to support both the organization’s ongoing river cleanup work and to expand a floating classroom program.
- United Way - The United Way improves lives by mobilizing the caring power of communities around the world to advance the common good. They envision a world where all individuals and families achieve their human potential through education, income stability and healthy lives. ADM demonstrates our commitment by matching dollar for dollar all colleague contributions to the annual United Way campaign.
- World Food Day Drive - This worldwide event is designed to increase awareness and understanding of hunger in the U.S. while promoting year-round action to alleviate hunger. ADM will hold its third annual companywide food collection event to benefit food pantries, soup kitchens and charities in ADM communities. ADM colleagues can participate in this unified effort by donating nonperishable food items.
Vibrant communities are vital for the continued success of our business and yours. That’s why investing in the places we work and live is so important to us. To learn more about ADM Cares, visit www.adm.com/admcares.