Supply Chain: Palm
- ADM is a member of the Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil and plays an active role in the organization’s Trade and Traceability and Greenhouse Gas working groups.
- ADM is registered with the GreenPalm.org certificate system and can obtain RSPO-certified sustainable palm oil under the “book and claim” system through the organization’s on-line trading portal.
- ADM has entered into long-term supply agreements to secure access to RSPO-certified product.
- In July 2013, our ADM solid-fat blending and packaging facility in Czernin, Poland, received RSPO certification for segregated and mass-balance palm oil. This will allow ADM to serve demand for RSPO-certified products in Poland.
- In June 2013, Olenex and New Britain Palm Oil Limited, a sustainable palm oil producer headquartered in Papua, New Guinea, announced an agreement to supply ADM and Wilmar International Ltd. with fully traceable, certified sustainable palm oil from NBPOL’s RSPO-certified plantations, to be marketed and sold by Olenex.
- Also in June 2013, ADM Cocoa committed to using only 100 percent RSPO-certified sustainable palm oil in compound coatings and fillings produced at its Liverpool, U.K., facility, which received RSPO certification in 2012.
- In 2012, our ADM specialty fats and oils refining facility in Arras, France, received RSPO certification for its segregation process. The refinery now tailors sustainably sourced products to the various needs of food, pharmaceutical and cosmetics customers.
- In 2012, ADM and Wilmar International Ltd., a leading Asian agribusiness, launched Olenex C.V., a marketing joint venture for refined oils and fats in Europe. Olenex, also an RSPO member, provides customers with palm oil from both owner companies’ RSPO-certified production facilities.
- In 2010, our ADM palm oil production facilities in Hamburg, Germany, and Purfleet, U.K., received RSPO certifications following rigorous facility audits that examined the plants’ management of mass balance and segregated products.
- Also in 2010, ADM began supplying the European energy market with palm products certified under the International Sustainability and Carbon Certification system, or ISCC, for use in biodiesel production. All of ADM’s biodiesel facilities in Europe are now ISCC-certified and can process ISCC-certified palm oil on demand.
Previous Page Next Page