Diversity and Inclusion
ADM’s culture promotes inclusion in all roles and at all levels of our organization. Our definition of diversity is broad, encompassing not only diversity in race, gender, ethnicity, economic and educational backgrounds, but also in experiences, perspectives and interests.
We strive to engender an inclusive culture, one that lets ADM and our employees cultivate innovation by giving voice to multiple perspectives and supporting creativity. ADM is committed to developing our employees’ talent, nourishing the entrepreneurial spirit, and providing opportunities for employees to advance their careers. Our colleagues grow with clear expectations, and are allocated resources for training, educational and career development.
ADM also has a robust college recruiting program that takes a proactive approach to seeking out minority candidates to ensure our company has a continuous pipeline of diverse talent.
In addition, in January 2016, ADM partnered with the USDA to establish the Agriculture and Agribusiness Diversity & Inclusion Roundtable, whose membership consists of representatives from 45 prominent U.S. companies, universities and not-for-profit organizations. The Roundtable’s goal is to identify ways to build the industry’s pipeline of diverse talent at a time when the industry’s job openings are outpacing the number of graduates available to fill them.
As a result of these efforts, our ADM colleagues draw upon a variety of experiences and points-of-view to make a vital difference, both in their local communities and around the world.
WIN at ADM
Our WIN at ADM employee resource group is dedicated to creating valuable opportunities that promote professional growth and actionable results for its members. As an agent of cultural change, one of WIN at ADM’s primary areas of focus fostering development of women’s business and leadership skills, with the goal of increasing professional opportunities and ultimately creating an environment that attracts and retains top female talent.
With the support of senior management, the network was formalized in 2005 and has grown to be one of the company’s most successful employee resource groups. Today, WIN at ADM is composed of four committees:
- Networking and Mentoring – encourages and facilitates networking among members, ADM employees and outside professional organizations, and facilitates WIN at ADM’s formal mentoring program.
- Benchmarking/Measurement – collects and analyzes information about the organization’s membership to provide insights to the needs of WIN at ADM members.
- Communications – develops and executes WIN marketing plans, promotions, and communications to members.
- Professional Development – provides members with development opportunities.
Throughout the year, WIN at ADM hosts events that allow members to participate in presentations, discussions and seminars focused on important topics such as professional development and community engagement. In addition, members are invited to participate in after-hours networking events.
With nearly 400 employees actively involved with WIN at ADM the organization’s members represent all levels of the company. WIN at ADM’s mission underscores our commitment to diversity, enhancing the company’s ability to increase the number of women in its leadership and executive ranks, and preparing its members to make notable contributions that drive ADM’s business objectives.
Military Recruiting and Hiring
ADM is committed to attracting, retaining and developing highly qualified veterans, guard members and reservists who can make valuable contributions to our company.
Our commitment focuses on:
- Recognizing, honoring and enforcing the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA) and our partnerships with the Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR), and Hiring Our Heroes;
- Ensuring managers have the tools they need to manage and accommodate employees who serve in the Guard or Reserve;
- Providing service members with transition assistance to help them successfully apply skills learned during service to corporate and operations environments;
- Offering all employees professional counseling assistance to suit a variety of issues and concerns; and
- Recognizing and supporting service members and their families in times of peace, crisis and war.
In 2015, ADM was recognized as a Most Valuable Employer (MVE) for Military by CivilianJobs.com’s Military Transition News, and we were designated as a military-friendly employer by GI Jobs magazine. The site highlighted ADM’s partnership with the Illinois Department of Employment Security, ESGR, the Illinois National Guard, VA representatives and Heroes to Hired to hold local military hiring events; as well as ADM’s participation in numerous military career fairs.