A Diverse Team is an Empowered Team
ADM's culture promotes inclusion in all roles, at all levels. Our definition of diversity is broad, encompassing not only diversity in race, gender, ethnicity, economic and educational backgrounds, but also in experiences, perspectives and interests.
Having an inclusive culture allows us to cultivate innovation. We believe that true innovation arises from having many different perspectives and backgrounds represented at the highest levels of an organization, and we have a comprehensive plan in place to promote inclusion in all roles, at all levels at ADM.
We have instituted procedures across the employee life cycle to ensure equal opportunities for all: we are committed to diverse talent slates during the hiring process, we ensure our candidate review and selection efforts address and reduce unconscious bias, we provide specialized mentorship programs to support career acceleration, and we have a dedicated talent review program to ensure we fully support advancement of colleagues from underrepresented backgrounds.
Our Global Strategy
To advance our global strategy, each region has a Diversity & Inclusion council with leaders who manage four strategic pillars. Each strategic pillar has an action plan and the regional councils are responsible for driving and implementing those plans.
Throughout our history, we've fostered an environment of respect and integrity at ADM, and we realize this must exist beyond the walls of our facilities.
Honors & Awards
- Diversity Team Award, Diversity Journal
- The Rising Tides Corporate Diversity Index
- Military-Friendly Company List
- US Secretary of Defense Employer Support Freedom Award
- Best Diversity Company by Diversity/Careers Magazine
- Circle of Excellence Award from the Chicago Minority Enterprise Development
- Named Top Supporter of Historically Black Colleges and Universities
- Received Circle of Excellence Award from the Chicago Minority Enterprise Development
- Received "Top Corporate Investor of the Year" award from Jobs for America's Graduates (JAG)