Supplier Onboarding & Training
ADM is always looking for best-in-class suppliers to do business with. If you are interested in becoming an approved ADM supplier, please refer to the Strategic Sourcing page for more information.
We are excited to announce that ADM has successfully implemented a new process for Indirect Procurement, enabled by Coupa, which allows you to receive orders and track invoices electronically. ADM is now live in Coupa and is actively working on expanding the deployment to the rest of our global locations. This new process and technology will reduce your need to call and follow up on the status of invoice payments and should expedite the payment process. Going forward, our goal is to move all eligible ADM suppliers to this new process and technology at no cost to suppliers.
The most recent deployment of Coupa delivers two core capabilities: Coupa Supplier Information Management (SIM) and Procure-to-Pay (P2P).
- SIM allows you access to review and update your own supplier information including payment instructions, contact information, and tax details.
- P2P makes it easy for ADM colleagues to buy and comply with Procurement policy – and for suppliers to submit their invoices electronically and get paid on-time.
What is Coupa and why?
Coupa is a cloud-based procurement system that makes it easy for you to do business and engage with ADM, and it brings a plethora of benefits to you as an ADM supplier:
- Free for suppliers
- Reduced time to payment
- Real-time tracking of purchase orders & invoices
- Available on any device
- Catalogs drive purchase order volumes
- Information management capabilities
Using Coupa SIM:
Coupa SIM New Supplier and Supplier update requests can only be initiated by ADM users, but suppliers can always update their own information via their Coupa Supplier Portal account.
Updates can be requested for a variety of reasons, including but not limited to:
|ACH banking details (new or updated)||When entering new/updated banking details, please be sure to complete the Funds Transfer Authorization Form and include either a copy of a void check or banking details on bank or company letterhead.|
|Update name or Tax ID information||Please be sure to attach a current W9.|
|New supplier request for complete onboarding||Please be sure to attach a current W9 and all required ACH documentation.|
SIM requests will have a "comment'' field in the form. Please reference the comment field to determine which specific updates ADM users are requesting.
New Supplier Onboarding SIM- This will walk you through the process of completing the SIM form to become a new supplier for ADM.
Supplier Update SIM- This will walk you through the process of completing the SIM form to update your existing information.
P2P Enablement Methods:
- Coupa's SAN/Email Method allows suppliers to receive POs electronically via email, and flip the PO into an invoice directly from their provided email. There is no technical setup, but does not support invoicing against a contract as a PO is required. If your email contact for PO transmission needs to be updated, please reach out to ADMCoupa@adm.com.
- Coupa Supplier Portal (CSP) allows suppliers to manage their POs and invoices in an online portal. POs and Invoices are electronically transmitted via CSP, and an invoice can be generated directly against a contract or a PO. CSP provides visibility across all POs and invoices, using one CSP account for multiple customers. If you have not established a Coupa supplier portal and wish to, simply register for one by clicking here.
|Features||Supplier Actionable Notification |
|Coupa Supplier Portal
|Free for any supplier||x||x|
|Minimal technical setup||x||x|
|Receive P.O.s electronically||x||x|
|Generate invoice from a P.O.||x||x|
|Generate invoice from a contract||x|
|Manage all P.Os and invoices||x|
|View payment status||x|
|Manage multiple customers and get |
notifications all in one centralized portal
Important Invoicing Guidelines:
- Invoices must be submitted individually, we are not able to process multiple invoices on one submission.
- Invoice numbers are limited to 15 characters – which can only be letters and/or numbers, special characters are not accepted.
- Coupa Success Portal for Suppliers- Coupa's training and resource portal for suppliers has a wealth of learning and reference content
ADM would like to provide you as much training and support resources as possible for your successful Coupa transition. Please contact the Supplier Enablement Team for general questions on enablement methods and buying channels at ADMCoupa@adm.com.