At Archer Daniels Midland Company (“ADM,” or “we,” or “us”), we are committed to protecting the privacy, accuracy and reliability of any personal information you provide, and to safeguarding such information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration. This Online Privacy Notice (“Notice”) describes ADM’s current online practices regarding personal information collected through this website. ADM reserves the right to update or modify this Notice at any time.
Please take a few minutes to review this Notice. By accessing or using this site, you are consenting to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information as set forth in this Notice. If you do not agree with these terms, please do not disclose any personal information to us.
Scope of This Notice
This Notice covers the personal information we collect through our sites. “Personal information” is information that identifies you personally, either alone or in combination with other information available to us.
Personal Information ADM Collects
ADM may collect various types of personal information about you. This may include the following categories:
- Contact details (e.g., email address, home phone number, home address, company, business contact information)
- Identification information (e.g., title, first and last name, Fed No., SSN/EIN, entity type, employee number, vendor number, date of birth)
- Financial information (e.g., bank account, customer credit score)
- Reference information (e.g., bank contact information including bank name, address, phone number, fax, customer/supplier contact information including customer/supplier name, address, phone number)
- Web user information (e.g., information collected via cookies and web beacons including Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser name, operating system details, domain name, date, time of visit, pages viewed)
Choosing to not provide certain information may impact your use of certain resources. If you wish to have access to restricted areas of the site, you will be required to provide some personal information, including, but not limited to your name, email address and company name. Additionally, you will be given a username and password and will be required to provide them whenever you access the premium features on this website.
How ADM Uses Your Personal Information
ADM may use your personal information collected through our sites for various purposes. Generally, this may include the following:
- To provide products, information and services
- To better understand your needs and interests
- To improve content, functionality and usability of our sites
- For security, credit or fraud-prevention purposes
- For effective customer service
- To provide a personalized advertising experience when you visit our sites
- To provide information and notices related to your use of our sites
- To offer opportunities for participating in surveys and providing feedback to us
ADM may also use or disclose your personal information as follows:
- Subsidiaries and affiliated companies: ADM may share your personal information with subsidiaries and affiliated companies to provide the services you have requested. These subsidiaries and affiliated companies will handle your personal information in accordance with this Notice.
- Unaffiliated third parties: ADM may disclose your personal information to unaffiliated third parties who process information on behalf of ADM for the purpose of carrying out administrative, marketing, professional or technological support functions. In such instances, ADM shall restrict the third parties’ use of the information and require that the third parties keep this information confidential.
- Business purposes: ADM may use your personal information to process your requests to do business with ADM, such as processing a credit application, performing a background check based on reference information, managing ADM account information, facilitating trading and processing payments.
- Brand awareness: ADM may use your personal information to make you aware of products and services that may be of interest to you. Additionally, we may disclose personal information related to products you have purchased or for which you have sought information to unaffiliated third parties with whom we enter into joint venture agreements, branding agreements or other strategic alliances, or in the event of a sale, merger, reorganization, liquidation or other similar event.
- As permitted by law: ADM may be required to disclose personal information by law or legal process, for the administration of justice, for investigation of breaches, for interacting with governmental anti-fraud databases, to protect the security or integrity of our databases or this website, to protect and defend the rights or property of ADM, to protect the personal safety of ADM website users or to take precautions against legal liability. We reserve the right to contact appropriate authorities when activities that are illegal or violate our policies occur on an ADM website.
Personal information collected on ADM websites may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country where ADM or its affiliates, subsidiaries or service providers maintain facilities.
How ADM Protects Your Personal Information
ADM follows industry standards and practices to help protect the confidentiality and integrity of your personal information. ADM uses technical, administrative and physical measures to protect your personal information against accidental or intentional destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, and against other unlawful forms of collecting and processing information. When your personal information is shared, ADM will take a proactive approach to prevent the unauthorized use of the information.
Safeguarding Children's Privacy
ADM does not knowingly collect personal information or any other identifying data from children under 13 years of age. Should a child, who we know to be under 13 years of age, send us personal information, we will make every attempt to immediately delete that information from our database.
How Your Personal Information is Shared with Third Parties
- Third parties: ADM may share your personal information with third parties (companies and organizations), including subsidiaries and other business entities controlled by ADM, under the following circumstances:
o ADM’s legitimate business purpose: To perform services on ADM’s behalf, where such disclosure is necessary and is a legitimate consequence of your relationship with ADM (e.g., companies that provide website support services to us)
o Special circumstances: Under certain special circumstances (e.g., responding to an emergency that is believed to threaten or harm an individual or property)
o Balancing of interests: Personal data will be transferred only if there is no reason to believe that the data subject has an overwhelming interest to the contrary (e.g., if the information disclosure does not pose a high risk to the data subject, or does not infringe upon the data subject’s privacy)
- Courts, law enforcement agencies or other government agencies: ADM may disclose your personal information to courts, law enforcement or other government agencies in order to comply with legal and regulatory requests. Such information may be disclosed to:
o Protect your or ADM’s legal claims and interests
o Defend against potential or actual litigation
o Abide by applicable law, regulation or contracts
o Respond to a court order, administrative process or judicial process including, but not limited to, a subpoena or a search warrant
o Comply with ADM obligations where it is registered with any governmental agency
- Ownership transferees: ADM reserves the right to share your personal information in the event it sells, licenses or transfers all or a portion of its business or assets. Should such a sale, lease (licensing) or transfer occur, ADM will direct the transferee to use your personal information in a manner that is consistent with this Notice.
This website may provide links to external websites. When you click on one of these links, you will be transferred from this website and connected to the website of the organization or company that you have selected. Even if an affiliation exists between ADM and such a website, ADM may not exercise any control over linked sites and we do not imply any endorsement of the activities of these websites. Unless specifically stated, this Notice does not govern the data collection and use practices of those websites.
If you visit a website that is linked from this website, please familiarize yourself with that site’s privacy practices before providing any personal information.
Permission for Use
At the time you submit personal information or make a request, the intended use of the information you submit will be apparent in the context in which you submit it or because ADM states the intended purpose. By submitting personal information at this site, you are giving your consent and permission for any use that is consistent with uses stated in this Notice.
ADM may send you promotional emails from time to time. If you wish to not receive emails from us and want to be removed from our electronic mailing list, please click here.
To inform us of inaccuracies or changes to your personal information, please click here or use the below information to contact ADM. In accordance with applicable law, ADM will update, grant access to or delete such information. Requests to correct or delete personal information are subject to applicable legal, ethical reporting or document retention obligations imposed on us.
Questions, Comments and Complaints
You may use the contact information below to request access to and amendment or deletion of the personal information that ADM has about you. You may also submit a general privacy-related inquiry or complaint in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. Requests are sent to the person in ADM who is accountable for privacy policies and practices. ADM will respond to such requests in accordance with applicable laws.
Please issue such requests by contacting the Privacy office at DataPrivacy@adm.com, or, if located in the EU, the local EU Data Protection Officer at email@example.com. Please provide your name and contact information along with your request.
The Global Data Privacy Lead is accountable for ADM privacy policies and practices, and can be contacted using the information below.
Telephone: +1 217-451-6194
Mailing Address: 4666 Faries Parkway, Decatur, IL, 62526
This Privacy Notice is effective from Sept. 8, 2015.