ADM Announces Appointments in Cocoa Group
ADM Announces Appointments in Cocoa Group
Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) today announced the following appointments in the Company’s Cocoa group. “These appointments advance ADM Cocoa’s strategy to expand geographically and deliver higher value to our customers,” said Mark Bemis, vice president, ADM Cocoa, Malt and Milling. “We’re excited about the talent and expertise these individuals will bring to ADM Cocoa as we grow and strengthen our cocoa business.”
- Scott Walker has been named managing director, ADM Cocoa International. He will oversee ADM’s cocoa business in Europe, Asia and Africa. He will report to Bemis.
- John McGowan has been appointed commercial director, ADM Cocoa International. He will have oversight for cocoa bean procurement, logistics and technical services, and coordinate sales and trading for ADM Cocoa International. He will report to Walker.
- Ian Povey has been named managing director, ADM Cocoa United Kingdom. He will be responsible for ADM’s cocoa and chocolate operations in the United Kingdom. He will report to Walker.
- Matijs Brand has been appointed commercial director, ADM Cocoa United Kingdom. He will be responsible for commercial and logistics functions for ADM Cocoa Hull and procurement and logistics functions for ADM Classic Couverture. He will report to Povey.
- Michiel Hendriksz has been named commercial manager, ADM Cocoa West Africa. He will be responsible for cocoa bean procurement and trading activities for ADM Cocoa BV, and will report to McGowan.
- Marc Degen has been appointed powder sales director, ADM Cocoa Europe. He will manage ADM’s European cocoa sales team. He will report to McGowan.
- Jeroen van Engen has been named trading director, Cocoa Liquor and Butter. He will be responsible for managing the cocoa liquor and butter trading for ADM Cocoa’s European and African processing plants. He will report to McGowan.
- Grant Belden has been named commercial manager for ADM Cocoa’s facilities in Koog and Wormer, the Netherlands. He will work closely with logistics, finance, information technology and production functions at these locations. He will report to McGowan.
In January, ADM announced the appointment of Alain Fredericq to director, Global Business Development and Sustainability Programs, for ADM Cocoa. In this newly created position, he will use his extensive West African and chocolate market experience to align business development and sustainability efforts with the Cocoa group’s strategic goals to expand geographically and deliver higher value to customers. He will report to Bemis.
Scott Walker joined ADM in 1993 and served as a merchandiser at numerous locations in the Oilseed Processing division before becoming a commodity trader for ADM Cocoa in 1998. In 2002, he was named commercial director, ADM Cocoa South America, and in 2004, became commercial director, ADM Cocoa International. He received a Bachelor of Science degree in agricultural business economics from Southern Illinois University.
John McGowan joined ADM in 1997 and has served in various trading and merchandising positions in the Company’s Cocoa and Oilseeds groups. Most recently, he served as commercial manager, ADM Cocoa West Africa. McGowan received a Bachelor of Science degree in business administration from the University of Nebraska.
Ian Povey joined ADM in 2006 through the Company’s acquisition of Classic Couverture, where he was managing director. Since the acquisition, Povey has served as operations director for ADM Cocoa in the United Kingdom. He received a Higher National Diploma in business from Polytechnic Institute of Liverpool.
Matijs Brand joined ADM in 1999 and has held various positions within ADM Cocoa. Most recently, he was a commodity trader for ADM Cocoa North America in Milwaukee. Matijs received a Master of Science degree in food technology from Wageningen University.
Michiel Hendriksz joined ADM in 1998 and previously served as director of sales, ADM Cocoa Europe. He received a Bachelor of Science degree in tropical agriculture and a Master of Science degree in marketing management.
Marc Degen joined ADM in 2000 and previously served as sales director, Specialty Food Ingredients in Koog, the Netherlands. Since joining the Company, he has held various positions in the Specialty Food Ingredients group. Degen received a Bachelor of Science degree in food science from Agrarische Hogeschool Friesland.
Jeroen van Engen joined ADM in 1993 and has held trading and merchandising positions within various divisions of the Company. Most recently, he served as commercial director, ADM Cocoa United Kingdom. He received a degree in business and economics.
Grant Belden joined ADM in 1998. He has held various merchandising positions in the Company’s Cocoa and Oilseeds groups, and previously served as a senior trader in Koog, the Netherlands. Belden received a Bachelor of Science degree in agricultural business from Iowa State University.
Alain Fredericq joined ADM in 1994 and previously served as director, European Chocolate. Since joining the Company, he has served in several cocoa management roles including general manager, Africa in Abidjan, Cote D’Ivoire. Alain received a degree in food engineering from INA-PG and a Master of Business Administration from INSEAD, both located in France. He is secretary and treasurer of the World Cocoa Foundation and serves on the steering committee of the Sustainable Tree Crops Program.
Archer Daniels Midland Company (ADM) is the world leader in BioEnergy and has a premier position in the agricultural processing value chain. ADM is one of the world’s largest processors of soybeans, corn, wheat and cocoa. ADM is a leading manufacturer of biodiesel, ethanol, soybean oil and meal, corn sweeteners, flour and other value-added food and feed ingredients. Headquartered in Decatur, Illinois, ADM has over 27,000 employees, more than 240 processing plants and net sales for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2007 of $44 billion. Additional information can be found on ADM’s Web site at www.adm.com/.
ADM Media Relations