We develop industry-advancing innovations by leveraging our unique, science-backed capabilities, including a global network of R&D centers and a broad portfolio of raw materials, feed additives, ingredients and nutrition solutions, combined with investments in digital technology.
By leveraging our global collaborations with universities, data companies, startups, clinical research organizations and others, we further our research capabilities. By doing so, we stay advanced in the market with improved outcomes for aquaculture, poultry, ruminant, swine and pet nutrition.
At all times, our innovation priorities are:
- Enhancing animal health through nutrition
- Leveraging formulation expertise to optimize feeding costs in a volatile commodity market
- Increasing animal growth and performance
We favor listening to the needs of customers and end consumers. Doing so allows us to define and prioritize our fields of innovation, which range from performance and optimization of production costs to the quality of finished animal products, sustainability and animal welfare.
By developing market-ready, science-based nutrition that addresses specific animal challenges, we provide access to products that improve animal performance, enhance productivity and growth, and ultimately help meet the demand for improved animal welfare and higher-quality, more nutritious food.
Our priorities for achieving optimal feed efficiency include:
- Optimizing food nutrition quality through animal feed solutions
- Minimizing emissions through precise nutrition
- Committing to continuous innovation
Alternatives to Non-critical Antibiotics
While some antibiotics remain necessary for addressing critical health concerns, the reduction of antibiotic growth promoters (AGPs) is becoming a consumer expectation due to the health risks they may impose. Even before reducing the use of medication became a global trend, ADM has been investigating alternative solutions that will contribute to more resilient animal production and a sustainable future.
We are recognized worldwide for our animal nutrition solutions sourced from natural and sustainable ingredients, including alternatives to antibiotics. These options still optimize animal care and comfort while enhancing resilience and robustness. Throughout our work, our priorities for precise and responsible nutrition include:
- Enhancing animal durability and performance through nutrition solutions
- Optimizing animal health and welfare
- Delivering high-quality end products
Our formulation expertise and portfolio of additives and premix and services optimizes animal health and welfare while helping our partners create solutions that give them the edge.
Our nutrition solutions assist with animal production targets, while improving animal welfare and reducing the environmental impact of animal production. We continually strive to help our producers maximize animal performance and lower their environmental impact.
Our efforts to introduce new feed solutions are based on three sustainability priorities:
- Maximizing animal durability and feed efficiency by reducing waste and resources used, while also improving animal welfare and growth
- Reducing the environmental impact of animal production, including greenhouse gas emissions, nitrogen and mineral excretion, water contamination and energy consumption
- Making ethical and sustainable use of natural resources through traceability and responsible sourcing.
Pet owners are increasingly concerned about their pets’ health and are seeking new approaches to take care of them, in similar ways as they take care of themselves. Manufacturing better tasting, nutritious pet foods and treats that promote animal health and well-being is easier with ADM.
We are the ideal partner for solutions that provide precision nutrition handling, especially with ingredients that have unique handling properties, such as complex proteins, flavors, colors and others. We also offer alternative proteins that tackle current pet food trends.
We offer the most diverse portfolio of pet nutrition solutions together with technical ingenuity, nutrition expertise, market knowledge and industry-advancing innovation capabilities.