• Announces expansion, modernization of pet food production in Effingham, Illinois
• Holds open house to mark opening of high-tech animal feed mill in Glencoe, Minnesota
• Both new, state-of-the-art facilities will offer expanded production capacity and ability to meet a wider variety of customer requirements
DECATUR, Ill., June 1, 2016—Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) today celebrated the opening of its new, high-tech feed facility in Glencoe, Minnesota. The company also announced that it is investing to expand and modernize its pet food and specialty livestock feed operations in Effingham, Illinois.
“We are continuing to expand our capabilities to meet the needs of animal nutrition customers around the globe,” said Brent Fenton, president of ADM Animal Nutrition. “With these new plants, we will be positioned to grow with our customers, helping support them as they succeed. We are excited about these investments to grow and improve our ADM Animal Nutrition business, and we are looking forward to sharing the benefits with our customers.”
New Pet Food Facility in Effingham, Illinois
The company has purchased a 284,000-square-foot food-grade warehouse, which will be transformed into a new pet food and livestock premix plant, replacing ADM’s current three facilities in the city.
“This is a substantial expansion and improvement to our already significant pet food capabilities,” said Fenton. “This state-of-the-art facility, with industry-leading technology, will give us tremendous capabilities to meet a wide variety of customer needs not just today, but in the years and decades to come, as industry standards for quality and process controls continue to evolve.”
The new facility, which will be located in the Effingham Industrial Park, will use cutting-edge technology to meet customer needs, including:
• Automation within receiving, batching, packaging, and loadout.
• Multiline batching with simultaneous weighing.
• Metal detection and protection from receiving to packaging.
ADM Animal Nutrition expects the facility to be fully operational in late 2017 or early 2018.
“We’re very pleased that ADM is making this significant investment in Effingham,” said Todd Hull, Effingham director of economic development. “This is a big vote of confidence in our community.”
Grand Opening of Feed Mill in Glencoe, Minnesota
The company held an open house to celebrate the opening of its new, state-of-the-art feed facility in Glencoe, which will serve customers in Minnesota, Wisconsin and Iowa.
“This new, highly automated facility will enhance our ability to meet customer needs for quality feed in the dairy, beef, swine, poultry, game bird and wildlife sectors,” Fenton said. “With mixing systems that can produce bulk or bag feeds in either meal or pelleted forms in various package sizes, we are excited to use the very best technology in order to offer our customers an extensive, customizable array of the very highest quality feed products.”
The Glencoe plant features:
• Annual capacity approaching 100,000 tons.
• More than 30,000 square feet of warehouse space to provide products on demand.
• Twenty one separate bulk ingredient bins and 28 finished feed bins allow for fresh finished feed when needed.
• Unique, patented, cold-pelleting system for efficient, consistent pelleted products.
Customers with questions about the new facilities should contact Mark Stephens at 217-231-2828.
About ADM Animal Nutrition
ADM Animal Nutrition is a leading manufacturing, nutrition and marketing business offering a wide range of innovative products for the animal nutrition market. Known as a global leader in amino acids, ADM Animal Nutrition also offers consistent, high-quality feed products, supplements, premixes, custom ingredient blends and specialty feed ingredients designed to provide leading-edge solutions, enabling our customers to meet and optimize animal health and nutrition goals.
Archer Daniels Midland Company