Commodity Trading/Commercial Trainee - Europe
At ADM, we actively foster employee development at every career stage. Our traineeship program facilitates an understanding of all aspects of our business in preparation for a future management role in our Commercial (Oilseed Trading) team. You will join our team based in one of our European locations (which include UK, Germany, The Netherlands, Poland, Ireland and Rumania) following a structured (but flexible) learning plan, while gaining practical experience in the trading business. Throughout your traineeship, which typically lasts 24 months and involve at least two European placements, you will be provided with support by a dedicated mentor from our commercial team.
Your challenge will be to prepare yourself for further career advancement within the organization by learning all facets of our Oilseeds trading business, including the logistics, the financial implications of trading decisions, contract law and risk management.The program also includes cross-departmental exposure, allowing you to gain insight into commercial links with other business units.
- A degree in Economics/ Business / Commercial discipline with a focus in agriculture
- Experience working in a commercial environment - ideally up to two years, but an internship would be considered
- Internationally mobile – willing to accept assignments in different countries on short notice
- Demonstrated interest in trading coupled with a strong drive for success and continuous improvement
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Fluency in English and at least two European languages
- Self-motivated, results-oriented, analytical, customer-oriented, enthusiastic and team player