New ADM Animal Nutrition Facility in Vietnam Uses Advanced Technology to Meet Customer Needs for Livestock Feed
HA NAM, November 19, 2019—Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) today celebrated the opening of its latest livestock feed plant, located in Hoa Mac, Ha Nam province, Vietnam. The new facility joins a growing list of investments by ADM in Vietnam, marking its fifth plant dedicated to animal nutrition in the country, reflecting the company’s commitment to be the go-to partner for livestock, aquaculture and companion-animal customers around the globe.
“We are very proud of our new facility in Hoa Mac, which will allow us to better serve our customers as we continue to improve our operations,” said Matthieu Garnier, ADM’s operations vice president for Animal Nutrition.
The new facility is strategically located near northern Vietnam’s key farming region and close to port facilities. Built on 4.6 hectares of land, the new facilities include a production area, three warehouses for storing raw materials and finished goods, offices, and a loadout bay with ample space for customer trucks. The plant will produce feed mainly for swine, as well as for poultry and rabbits. It offers industry-leading technology including:
- Modern pneumatic transfer of raw materials to avoid cross-contamination and handling of bags
- Full automatic control
- A biomass boiler to provide a renewable energy source
- An automated micro-dosing system to ensure accurate nutrient content in products
- An automatic bagging line and palletizing robot to maintain he highest quality and traceability standards
“The livestock market in Asia is growing rapidly, particularly in Vietnam, where the export of livestock and aquaculture products provides plenty of opportunities,” said ADM Animal Nutrition President Pierre Duprat. “With 25 years of experience in the country, our latest animal feed plant in Hoa Mac allows us to further strengthen our industrial and commercial coverage in the key Vietnamese feed market and continue to grow.”
Over the past five years, ADM has significantly expanded its animal nutrition capabilities with a series of expansions and investments, including:
- Acquiring Neovia — a leader in value-added products and solutions for both production and companion animals worldwide.
- Building and renovating three specialty animal nutrition plants in China, and four in the U.S.
- Acquiring pet treat manufacturer Crosswind Industries.
- Expanding pet food ingredient manufacturing capabilities in North America.
- Purchasing Protexin—a leading provider of probiotic supplements for a variety of animal markets, including aquaculture, equine, livestock and companion animals, as well as human wellness products.
For more information about ADM’s animal nutrition products and offerings, visit www.admanimalnutrition.com
About ADM Animal Nutrition
ADM is a global leader in animal nutrition, providing amino acids, additives, ingredients, tailor-made premix formulations and complete feed for the production animal, aquaculture and companion animal markets. With more than 110 production facilities around the world, and unmatched research and development capabilities, ADM Animal Nutrition provides innovative individualized solutions to support its customer’s growth and optimize value creation and differentiation, while reinforcing food safety and animal health and wellness.
For more than a century, the people of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) have transformed crops into products that serve the vital needs of a growing world. Today, we’re one of the world’s largest agricultural processors and food ingredient providers, with approximately 40,000 employees serving customers in nearly 200 countries. With a global value chain that includes approximately 450 crop procurement locations, more than 330 food and feed ingredient manufacturing facilities, 62 innovation centers and the world’s premier crop transportation network, we connect the harvest to the home, making products for food, animal feed, industrial and energy uses. Learn more at www.adm.com.
+41 21 702 8400
+41 21 702 84 00