Unsaturated Polyester Resins end use markets include:
- Residential and commercial construction (building panels, bathroom components, fixtures, corrosion resistant tanks, ducts etc.)
- Marine transportation (boats)
- Passenger cars, trucks and recreational vehicles
- Consumer appliances
Non reinforced saturated polyester resins are used for synthetic marble, auto body repair, mine bolt anchor resins, coatings adhesives etc.
Coolants and Antifreeze
A functional fluid, propylene glycol Industrial Grade (PGI) serves in aircraft deicing and anti-icing fluids, antifreeze, engine coolants, heat transfer fluids offering benefits including:
- Excellent heat transfer properties
- Low freezing point
- The ability to decrease the freezing point of water
- Low flammability
- A high boiling point, low vapor pressure
Paint and Coatings
Water-based architectural coatings incorporate propylene glycol because it is fully miscible with water and improves application properties by adjusting drying time and aiding in the freeze/thaw characteristics.
Propylene glycol serves as a solvent, enzyme stabilizer clarifying agent and diluent in liquid detergents.