ADM Announces Appointments
CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) today announced appointments in the Company’s Commercial and Production group which is responsible for ADM’s origination, merchandising, processing and marketing functions. John Rice, executive vice president, Commercial and Production, said, “These appointments advance our long-term and incremental business goals. I am confident that these individuals will provide leadership – on both a personal and organizational level – that will ensure ADM’s continued success.”
- Scott Fredericksen has been named president, Rail Container and Supply Chain Transportation. Fredericksen will report to Craig Huss, vice president of Transportation and Grain.
- John Guymon has been named vice president, Refined Oils Operations. Guymon will have global responsibility for ADM’s refinery and biodiesel operations. He will report to Kevin Hess, production vice president, Oilseeds.
- Mark Kolkhorst has been named president of ADM Milling. He will be responsible for all commercials aspects of the Company’s Milling business. Kolkhorst will relocate to Overland Park, Kansas, and report to Mark Bemis, vice president of Cocoa, Malt and Milling.
- Kris Lutt has been named general manager, Specialty Feed Ingredients. He will be responsible for all global commercial aspects of the Specialty Feed Ingredients business. Lutt will report to Ed Harjehausen, senior vice president, Global Corn.
- Kevin Swanson has been named general manager, Packaged Oils and will assume global responsibility for ADM’s Packaged Oils operations. Swanson will report to Kevin Hess, production vice president, Oilseeds.
- Joe Taets has been named managing director, European Oilseeds. He will manage all commercial aspects of European Oilseed Processing as well as serve as administrative head of ADM Europe. He will report to Mark Zenuk, vice president of Global Oilseeds.
- Gary Towne has been named general manager, Global Risk and Ethanol, and has assumed additional responsibility for ADM’s ethanol sales to fuel, beverage and industrial ethanol customers. Towne will report jointly to Ed Harjehausen and John Rice.
During his 24 year tenure with ADM, Scott Fredericksen has held various merchandising and management positions within the North American Soybean division. In 1998, he was named vice president, North American Oilseeds, and in 2001, he was named senior vice president, Protein. Fredericksen went on to serve as president, Specialty Food Ingredients. In 2007, he was named president, North America Oilseed Processing. He received a Bachelor of Science degree in marketing and international business administration from the University of Minnesota in Mankato.
John Guymon joined ADM in 1985 and has held positions in refining, extraction and most recently as operations manager in Packaged Oils. He received a Bachelor of Science degree in chemistry from Bradley University.
During his 21 years with the Company, Mark Kolkhorst has gained a depth of experience through various management positions in grain merchandising, including vice president of both ADM/GROWMARK and Tabor Grain. In 2001, he was named vice president of sales for the Specialty Feed Ingredients division. In 2005, he was named president, Specialty Feed Ingredients. Kolkhorst received a Bachelor of Science degree in agri-business from Illinois State University.
Kris Lutt joined ADM in 2002 and previously served as vice president, Corn Processing. Prior to that appointment, he was the general manager, ADM/LSI, a food ingredients distribution network. He received a Bachelor of Science degree in biochemistry from the University of Nebraska and an MBA from Illinois State University.
Kevin Swanson joined the Company in 1985 and has served in several positions in the U.S. as well as Europe. He received a bachelor’s degree from the University of Northern Iowa.
Joe Taets joined the Company in 1988 and has held various trading and management positions in both North America and Europe. He most recently served as president, European Oilseed Processing. Taets received a bachelor’s degree from Iowa State University and a Master of Business Administration from Drake University.
Gary Towne joined ADM in 1997 and has served in a variety of management and merchandising positions. In 1999, he was named vice president, ADM Export Company; and in 2000, he was named vice president, Corn Processing. Towne received a bachelor’s degree in accounting from Indiana University.
Archer Daniels Midland Company (ADM) is the world leader in BioEnergy and has a premier position in the agricultural processing value chain. ADM is one of the world’s largest processors of soybeans, corn, wheat and cocoa. ADM is a leading manufacturer of biodiesel, ethanol, soybean oil and meal, corn sweeteners, flour and other value-added food and feed ingredients. Headquartered in Decatur, Illinois, ADM has over 27,000 employees, more than 240 processing plants and net sales for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2007 of $44 billion. Additional information can be found on ADM’s Web site at www.adm.com.
ADM Media Relations