- ADM Biopolis VP Wins NutraChampion Award for Lifetime Achievement
- ADM Opens Enzyme Lab in California
- ADM Recognized for Efforts to Promote Workplace Diversity in Ag
- ADM Vice Presidents Camille Batiste, Alix Dowling Named Women Worth Watching
- Creating and Sharing Ag Training Videos in Uganda
- Empowering Smallholder Farmers with Locally-Made Technology
- Growing Business Alliances through Bolivian Quinoa
- Helping Students with Virtual Reality and Technology
- Innovating by Trapping and Storing Carbon Underground
- Making the “Ultimate Plastic” from a Corn-Based Molecule
- A One-Stop-Shop for Food Innovation in Decatur
- Our Commitment to No Deforestation, No Peat, No Exploitation
- Paving the Way for Growth with Vegetable Oil
- POLY4: A Game-Changing Product
- Supporting Agricultural Education in Macon County
- Study Shows ADM Protexin Live Cultures Product Could Offer Hope to Individuals with Severe Head Discomfort
- ADM Animal Nutrition Commercial Sales Manager Serves as 2019 Indianapolis 500 “Milk Man”
- ADM’s Fabiana Bianchi and Manda Tweten are this year’s Women Worth Watching®
- Making the Perfect Plant-Based Burger
- ADM and Marfrig Team Up to Produce Plant-based Burgers in Brazil
- ADM’s New Flour Mill Offers Unparalleled Efficiency and Flexibility
- Creating Chemicals that are Good for the Company and the World
- Veronica Braker on Breaking Through Barriers and Fostering Inclusivity
- Creating Climate-Smart Farming Villages in India
- How do you brew a better beer? With ADM solutions
- These are our founders. This is their story.
- ADM's Leadership in Plant-based Protein
- Driving Sustainable Mint Innovation from the Ground Up
- Extending the Life of Cardboard with ADM Specialty Starches
- ADM’s Most-Read Stories in 2019
- Unlocking ADM’s Identity
- Emerging Research in Worms is Early Indicator of Bio-Kult Bacteria Strain’s Potential Impact on Parkinson’s
- ADM’s Global Flexitarian Summit: The Forefront of Alt-Protein Creation
- ADM’s Wright Named A “Woman Worth Watching in STEM”
- ADM’s Mayka van Acht on the Changing Role of Women in the Agriculture Industry
- How ADM Cares is Helping One Woman in Kenya Improve the Lives of Children
- ADM’s Chief Human Resources Officer Answers your Questions about Remote Work
- Five Things ADM Chief Sustainability Officer Alison Taylor Wishes She Knew When She Started
- On the Front Lines: ADM’s Jeff Belcher
- ADM Microbiome Solutions Win Industry Awards
- Team ADM's Women Engineers On Shaping the World
- Promoting Racial Diversity and Equity at ADM
- Hunger Relief at the Heart of Our Purpose: A Conversation with ADM Cares
- Donating Microbial Food Supplements to Healthcare Heroes
- ADM Vessel Rescues Two Sailors off the Coast of the Western Sahara
- Working Together to Feed Chicagoland
- ADM Partners with Auburn University to Innovate in Poultry Feed Enzymes
- Creating an Edge in Sustainable Ice Cream Solutions with Refreshing Summer Flavors
- ADM and Bollywood Stars Partner to Bring “Imagine Meats” to India
- How One Member of #TeamADM is Helping us Fight Food Insecurity in Amsterdam
- Using Innovative Video Technology and Augmented Reality to Solve Problems in the Era of COVID-19
- ADM’s Ganador Increases Commitment to Mexican Pet Shelters During the Pandemic
- Ganador® de ADM incrementa su compromiso durante la pandemia con los albergues mexicanos para mascotas
- ADM Joins Brazilian Business Sector in Offering Support to Amazon Council
- Strive 35: ADM’s Plan to Carry Us Forward Sustainably
- Three Key Takeaways from ADM's Climate Week Panel on Sustainability and Growth
- How ADM Supports Smallholder Vanilla Farmers
- Aliança da Terra –Sustainable Soy in Latin America
- Growing Sustainably: The Mendota Field to Market Wheat Program
- Tackling Postharvest Food Loss in India
- How ADM is Reinventing the Vanilla Supply Chain
- Stranded Boaters Have ARTCO Crew to Thank for Their Safe Return
- Meet the Women Changing the Face of Operations at ADM Mainz
- Working Toward Zero Hunger with Concern Worldwide
- Renewable Chemicals Launches Sales of PG and Glycerin via Amazon
- ADM CEO Juan Luciano Talks to Fortune about Future of Food
- Shaping the Industry’s Conversations on D&I: ADM’s Leticia Goncalves on Building a Successful Career
- Supporting Our Veteran Farmers
- A Moving Tribute: Pink ADM Trucks Raise Breast Cancer Awareness on the Road
- ADM’s Greg Morris Talks Sustainability with Reuters
Shaping the Industry’s Conversations on D&I: ADM’s Leticia Goncalves on Building a Successful Career
We bring you a two-part series of interviews with Leticia Goncalves, president Specialty Ingredients, and Jennifer Walker, VP for HR, on different aspects of diversity and inclusion (D&I) as they relate to career development and the impact they can have on the industry. By constantly engaging in the broader D&I conversation with our partners across the agri-food industry, they are shaping the collective discussion to advance momentum.
At the recently held Women in Agribusiness Summit, ADM’s Leticia Goncalves, president Specialty Ingredients, took part in the Executive Profiles panel along with executives from BASF, Bayer, and Inari to share stories on navigating a successful career in the ag industry. We spoke with Letitia about what it takes to build and maintain a flourishing career.
What advice would you give to someone starting out in their career?
Be true to yourself, be a curious learner to allow for growth and development, and have confidence in yourself. Bring your best every time, because a big part of your success depends on you and your ability to bring more value. One thing I would also say is that when you work in an environment where the company and its leaders share your values, then you will have people supporting you along the way to help you progress in your career and achieve success.
How important is passion in career development?
Aligning with your own passion, mission, and values can help you find that North Star and identify great opportunities. There were many times when I didn’t know what I wanted, and at these times I tried to answer the questions – what is my mission, what are my values and what do I want to achieve in life? I tried to use these questions to really connect with my passion, and intentionally align with my goals in my life and profession.
What are some essential skills needed for career success?
In the first half of your career, focus on developing technical skills related to your field. As you continue progressing to senior management and leadership roles, emotional intelligence starts becoming more important.
What advice would you give to those interested in mentorship and networking?
One thing that I’ve found to be very useful is to find an external advisor to complement great internal mentors in order to have transparent and authentic conversations about your career. When it comes to networking, we need to be strategic in thinking about who are the stakeholders and be intentional about who we network with.
How important is the family in career success?
Our families need to be a part of our success. They need to understand that part of achieving success is working together, because at the end of the day, our careers encompass not our professions, but extend beyond that to impact our lives.